Attention: All Annual Meeting presenters who submitted abstracts for oral, poster or roundtable sessions must be in Atlanta to present. There are no virtual options for presenters.
A Poster Session is a graphic presentation of an author's research. Authors illustrate their findings by displaying graphs, photos, diagrams and a small amount of text on the poster boards. Poster Sessions will take place in the Public Health Expo. Authors will hold discussions with attendees who are circulating among the poster boards.
- Poster presenters must be individual members of APHA and they must register for the meeting.
- Poster sessions are one hour long. During the session you will remain by your poster board and share your research with other attendees.
- Your poster is part of a session consisting of 10 posters. Your 4-digit session number and board number can be found in the online program. When you arrive, find your session number on the sign in front of the row and then locate your board number.
- Posters may be set up 30 minutes before the start of the session.
- Presentations should be taken down within 30 minutes after the session ends. Display materials not removed following the conclusion of the session will be discarded.
- No audiovisual equipment is permitted for poster presentations.
- Push pins will be available on-site for mounting the displays.
- A chair will be provided for each Poster Session presenter.
Poster Development Tips
- Posters must fit on mounted stands that are 4 feet tall by 8 feet wide. See some recommended poster sizes.
- Keep accessibility in mind when designing your poster. Checkout our guidelines for accessible presentations.
- The material should be well labeled and legible from a distance of 10 to 15 feet away. Lettering should be bold. Use a large sans serif font such as Veranda.
- Consider the Better Research Poster design for an easy-to-digest poster design.
Posters Printed, Laminated and Ready for Pickup
There is no need to struggle through airport security with bulky poster carrying cases, pay for an extra carry-on or to take the chance that your hard work and research will be lost/misplaced during your travels. Send your files digitally and pick up your poster on-site at the APHA Poster Distribution Desk. Once your presentation is finished, return your poster to the pickup desk for recycling, or we can ship it anywhere in the contiguous U.S. for $40.
Order from Research-Posters by Sunday, Sept. 10 for the best rates. Use EARLYBIRD promo code.
Otherwise, order by Sunday, Oct. 29 (last day for guaranteed delivery). Use APHADISC promo code.
For orders AFTER Sunday, Oct. 29: These MAY be accepted on a case-by-case basis by sending an email to Service@APHAposters.com along with your PDF file and presentation date & time for availability and pricing.
The Poster Distribution Desk will be conveniently located within the APHA Expo Hall, near the poster boards.
Hours of operation are:
- Sunday: 12:00-6:15 p.m.
- Monday: 9:30 a.m.-4:15 p.m.
- Tuesday: 9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
For the most current information, visit https://www.APHAPosters.com ~ APHA’s trusted partner for more than 15 years.