It is the policy of APHA to hold meetings, conferences and professional gatherings where physical and communication barriers do not exclude people with disabilities from attending and participating. APHA encourages attendees and presenters to consider the needs of others when planning their presentations, communications and interactions. APHA promotes the use of inclusive language throughout the conference. If inappropriate or offensive language is used, please email APHA, and we will do our best to address the concern.
Use the resources below and the APHA 2022 Accessibility Guide to plan your participation at the Annual Meeting. For questions contact APHA Staff.
- Accessibility Desk — An accessibility desk will be staffed at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center to answer questions and to facilitate needs.
- Early Access to PowerPoints — If you would like copies of a presenters’ slides, email APHA by Sept. 30. APHA will take all efforts to reach presenters and request slides. However, we cannot guarantee that presenters will provide slides in advance.
- Hearing and Communication Support – More information for those who need services such as sign language interpreting, amplification devices and captioning.
- Mobility Support – Due to the large size of the Annual Meeting, sessions are sometimes spread out and distances between sessions can be considerable. If you are a regular wheelchair user, you should bring your chair with you. If you feel that you may need a wheelchair to navigate the distances at the BCEC, electric scooters can be rented from local and national suppliers. View the Accessibility Guide for supplier suggestions.
- Personal Aide — Should you require an aide or assistant to help navigate the meeting, please contact APHA to register your personal aide as a complimentary guest. Name, city and state is required for the badge. Badges for personal aide will be mailed to you, not your aide. Personal aides may attend sessions and access the exhibit hall but are not able to earn CE credits.
- Transportation and Housing – More information on getting around the meeting and the city, including APHA provided shuttle services.
Accessibility Video Series
These short videos provide tips and tricks for attendees and presenters on how to help APHA provide an accessible meeting for all.