What membership benefits does the Student Assembly provide?
- Participate in APHA Sections, Special Primary Interest Groups, Forums and Caucuses. You can now join two Sections at no additional charge!
- News & Views quarterly newsletter access and submission privileges
- National Student Meeting, an annual conference for students of public health
- Receive notification of fellowship, job, internship, post-doc and other conference opportunities through our website, listserv and online community. Student Assembly members are automatically subscribed to our listserv.
- Receive monthly action alert emails about student issues and public health-related policies.
- Represent the Student Assembly as a Campus Liaison, Section Liaison, Affiliate Liaison or membership ambassador.
- Attend the APHA Annual Meeting and Exposition at a bargain price and have the opportunity to present abstracts and posters.
- Receive a print version of the American Journal of Public Health if you pay the full price annual membership of $85 or receive the online subscription version with the green discounted membership option of $65 annually.
- Get a discount on more than 50 APHA books and resources.
- Network with professionals and connect with students nationwide.
- Strengthen your leadership skills by participating as a member of a Student Assembly committee.
- Run for an available Student Assembly board position.
Learn more about the benefits of joining APHA.