LIVE TOBACCO FREE
[image of dart hitting a bulls-eye] Big tobacco: targets you with African American Images and hip hop culture.
[images of a pack of menthol cigarettes] Menthol product: marketed to African Americans are harder to quit.
[image of skull and crossbones] Smoking kills: 45,000 African Americans each year.
The benefits of quitting start right away.
[image of stopwatch]
- 12 minutes: carbon monoxide levels in your blood drop to normal.
- 20 minutes: heart rate and blood pressure drop.
- Two to three months: circulation and lung function improve.
- One year: heart disease risk lowers.
- Five years: risk for cancer of the mouth, throat, esophagus and bladder are cut in half.
MAKE YOUR CAMPUS TOBACCO FREE
[image of grim reaper] SECONDHAND SMOKE kills 53,000 nonsmokers each year.
[image of cigarette crossed out] 1,300+ CAMPUSES ban smoking and/or tobacco.
[image of bullhorn] TELL YOUR SCHOOL'S leaders you want a tobacco-free campus.
Learn how: nosmoke.org
Three logos: American Public Health Association, NAACP, Get Hype