This webinar from the APHA Center for Climate, Health and Equity discussed wildfire smoke and its public health impacts with a focus on health equity. Presenters:
- Described the public health impacts of wildfire smoke.
- Identified the ways in which climate change and health equity lead to disparate health risks for wildfire smoke exposure.
- Explored opportunities for building resilience and bolstering wildfire preparedness.
VIEW RECORDED WEBINAR
Presenters' Slides (PDF) — Part 1, Part 2
- Will Barrett, Director of Clean Air Advocacy, American Lung Association in California
- Wayne Cascio, Director of the Center for Public health and Environmental Assessment, US Environmental Protection Agency
- Melissa Nootz, Montana Field Organizer, Moms Clean Air Force
- Surili Sutaria Patel, Director, APHA Center for Climate, Health and Equity; Deputy Director, APHA Center for Public Health Policy
Questions? Contact us.
This webinar is sponsored by APHA with support from The Kresge Foundation in partnership with the American Lung Association, Moms Clean Air Force and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.