Presentation slides (PDF): Camara Jones Part 1, Amani Allen, Camara Jones Part 2
Webinar transcript (PDF)
This kick-off webinar of APHA's Advancing Racial Equity series examined racism and its historic and present-day impact on health and well-being. Presenters:
- identified the multiple levels on which racism operates;
- described the physiological impacts of racism and discrimination on health; and
- explored the principles for and barriers to achieving health equity.
- APHA Executive Director Georges Benjamin, MD
- APHA President-Elect José Ramón Fernández-Peña, MD, MPA, Director of Health Professions Advising, Northwestern University
- APHA Past President Camara Phyllis Jones, MD, MPH, PhD, 2019-2020 Evelyn Green Davis Fellow, Radcliffe Institute for Advanced Study, Harvard University
- Amani Allen, PhD, MPH, Executive Associate Dean, UC Berkeley School of Public Health
- Tia Taylor Williams, Director, APHA Center for Public Health Policy and Center for School Health and Education
We encourage you to view webinars from the 2015 series The Impact of Racism on the Health and Well-Being of the Nation in advance of the 2020 webinar series.
Upcoming Webinar topics
- Policing and Police Violence
- Maternal Health
- Strategies and Actions
Check out other APHA racism and health resources, including our popular book, Racism: Science & Tools for the Public Health Professional.
Questions? Contact Tia Taylor Williams.