APHA's Get Ready campaign helps Americans prepare themselves, their families and their communities for all disasters and hazards, including pandemic flu, infectious disease, natural disasters and other emergencies.
2021 Get Ready photo contest
Contest winners will be included in Get Ready's 2022 calendar.
This year's theme is pandemic pals, so send us your best pictures of the critters who got you through the COVID-19 pandemic!
If you adopted a new pet, got to know the birds in your yard or fostered some furry friends, we want to see them at their most joyful. (It's OK if there are people in the photo — we'll just ask for a signed consent form from those people if your photo is selected.) Entering is easy, but send your photos soon.
The deadline to enter is July 12.
Step 1: Select your photo entries. Horizontal photos look best!
Step 2: Click the mail button on your phone.
Step 3: Type our email: email@example.com and include a subject in your email.
Step 4: In the body of the email tell us your name, address, phone number and pet’s name. Send us a caption idea if you have one!
Step 5: Send us the largest file available and hit send!
TO ENTER, YOU MUST READ AND AGREE TO THE OFFICIAL RULES BELOW:
- ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the United States who are at least 18 years of age.
- SCHEDULE: You may submit a photo between Monday, June 21, and Monday, July 12, until midnight EDT. See the contest page for information on how to enter.
- TERMS OF SUBMISSION: As conditions of entry into this contest, and by providing a photo, each entrant will agree to abide by the rules of submission:
Warrants and represents that her/his submission(s): (a) are original to the entrant and have been legally obtained and created, (b) do not infringe the intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party, or violate applicable laws or regulations; (c) have not been entered in or won previous contests or awards; and (d) have not been published previously by any third parties. By submitting a photo, the entrant warrants that she/he is the legal owner of the photo and has authority to enter it in the contest. Photos taken by and/or purchased from professional photography studios or professional photographers are not eligible for entry.
Irrevocably grants to APHA, legal representatives, agents and licensees, the unconditional, uncompensated perpetual right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, publish, post, broadcast, display, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use or reuse the entrant's photo, name, image, statements, biographical material and submission, including, but not limited to, any of the above items, as well as any additional photographic images, portraits, interviews or other materials relating to the entrant and arising out of her/his participation in this contest (with or without using the entrant's name) (collectively, the "additional materials") in any media, without limitation, and without additional review, compensation or approval from the entrant or any other party.
Forever waives any rights of privacy, intellectual property rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude APHA's use of the entrant's submission, or require the entrant's permission for APHA to use them for any purpose, and agrees to never sue or assert any claim against APHA’s use of materials; and
Agrees to indemnify and hold APHA and its respective affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and any employees, harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of the Indemnities due to or arising out of the entrant's entry materials or additional materials, or the entrant's conduct during and in connection with this contest.
- SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Professional/commercial photos are prohibited. Photos should not be electronically altered through programs such as Photoshop, etc. Photographers should maintain the safety of themselves and animals when taking photos. Once you submit your photo electronically, your submission is final and may not be modified or edited further. APHA may, in its sole discretion, remove, delete and/or disqualify submissions deemed to be inappropriate or otherwise non-compliant.
Photos may be submitted via email.
- SUBMISSION LIMITS: Each entrant may submit up to three photos.
- SELECTION OF WINNERS: The photos will be judged for quality, applicability to preparedness and general appeal. A committee from APHA’s Get Ready team will pick the winning photos. There will be at least 13 winners chosen, unless there are not enough eligible photos submitted. The winners will be announced on the Get Ready website.
- WINNING PHOTOS: Winning photos will be featured in a Get Ready calendar. There are no other prizes. Winning photos and names may be posted on the APHA website or in other APHA venues or media, including social media.
Even more Get Ready
Major highlights of the campaign include a national Get Ready Day, held the third Tuesday of each September, and Get Ready: Set Your Clocks, Check Your Stocks, which encourages people to check their emergency stockpiles when they change their clocks for daylight saving time.
Browse aphagetready.org for
free materials you can use at your next health fair or community event, or find information to help you get more prepared!
Check out our fun preparedness video: