Responding to COVID-19: A Science-Based Approach
Brought to you by the American Public Health Association and the National Academy of Medicine, the COVID-19 Conversations webinar series is exploring the state of the science surrounding the current outbreak of COVID-19 in the United States and globally, with a focus on the emerging evidence on how to best mitigate its impact. Hear from trusted experts in such fields as public health, infectious disease, risk communication, and crisis standards of care.
In our second COVID-19 Conversations webinar, our lineup of public health, medical and emergency experts will share the science on social distancing as well as strategies to support it. And we’ll explore how findings from past pandemics — as well as the current one — can shape responses today.
The webinar will feature a panel of expert speakers, including:
- Sharon Inouye, MD, MPH (Moderator) — Professor of Medicine, Harvard University Medical School
- Anne Schuchat, MD — Principal Deputy Director, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Allison Aiello, PhD — Professor and Social Epidemiology Program Leader, Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Sandro Galea, MD, MPH, DrPH — Dean and Robert A. Knox Professor, Boston University School of Public Health
- Jennifer Nuzzo, DrPH, SM — Senior Scholar, Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security
Speaker presentations will be followed by a Q&A session with the webinar audience.
Questions? Contact us.