Watch the webinar recording.
Download the presenters' slides (PDF):
Read the webinar transcript (PDF).
You can watch the webinar and earn continuing education credit for CPH, CHES, CME, and CNE. Purchase the entire series or individual webinars and earn up to nine CE credits.
The fourth webinar in APHA's Advancing Racial Equity series covered racial healing as essential for dismantling racism and advancing racial equity.
- Explained a model for truth, racial healing and transformation, or TRHT.
- Described efforts of the TRHT Campus Center at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa.
- Explored how Indigenous values can guide racial healing within and across communities.
Welcome and homage to National Hispanic Heritage Month
- Paulina Sosa, MPH, DrPH (c), APHA Health Policy Coordinator, COVID-19; Assistant Editor, AJPH
- Ernesto Quintero, Director and Producer
- Tia Taylor Williams, MPH, CNS, Director, APHA Center for Public Health Policy, Center for School, Health and Education
- Gail Christopher, DN, Executive Director, National Collaborative for Health Equity
- Kaiwipunikauikawēkiu "Punihei" Lipe, PhD, Native Hawaiian Affairs Program Officer, University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa
- Mapuana Antonio, DrPH, Assistant Professor and Native Hawaiian & Indigenous Health Specialization Head, Office of Public Health Studies, University of Hawai'i at Mānoa
Webinar resources referenced by presenters
Mapuana Antonio and Punihei Lipe
We encourage you to view webinars from the 2015 series The Impact of Racism on the Health and Well-Being of the Nation. Check out other APHA racism and health resources, including our popular book, Racism: Science & Tools for the Public Health Professional.
Questions? Contact the APHA Public Health Policy Center.