Watch the webinar recording.
Download presentation slides (PDF):
Read the webinar transcript (PDF)
You can watch the webinar and earn continuing education credit for CPH, CHES, CME, and CNE. Purchase the entire series or individual webinars and earn up to nine CE credits.
The second webinar in APHA's Advancing Racial Equity series covered reproductive racial disparities. Presenters:
- Provided context of racism in reproductive care across multiple impacted groups;
- Shared current advocacy approaches to advancing reproductive health equity; and
- Highlighted current federal legislation that addresses the barriers to achieving reproductive justice.
- APHA Associate Executive Director Regina Davis Moss, PhD, MPH, MCHES
- Ndidiamaka Amutah-Onukagha, PhD, MPH, CHES, Associate Professor in the Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, Tufts University School of Medicine
- Elizabeth Howell, MD, MPP, Professor in the Departments of Population Health Science & Policy and Obstetrics, Gynecology, and Reproductive Science at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Joia Adele Crear-Perry, MD, FACOG, Founder and President of the National Birth Equity Collaborative
- U.S. Rep. Lauren Underwood, D-Ill.
- Monica R. McLemore, PhD, MPH, RN, FAAN, Associate Professor, University of California, San Francisco
The panel discussion was followed by a Q&A session with the webinar audience. The webinar was recorded will be available for on-demand viewing on APHA’s website within a week of the live event.
The Birth Equity Agenda: A Blueprint for Reproductive Health and Wellbeing (National Birth Equity Collaborative)
We encourage you to view webinars from the 2015 series The Impact of Racism on the Health and Well-Being of the Nation. Check out other APHA racism and health resources, including our popular book, Racism: Science & Tools for the Public Health Professional.
Questions? Contact the APHA Public Health Policy Center.