A Culture of Health Listening Workshop
The National Academy of Medicine Culture of Health Program is hosting this webinar to examine gaps, barriers, priorities, and opportunities for decisionmakers advancing health equity through policy.
- Examine the historical perspective and current state of affairs for decision-makers advancing health equity through policy, practice, and systems.
- Identify where there are evidence or understanding gaps for decision-makers to take action on health equity, what barriers impede them in their efforts to advance health equity, and the anticipated implications of COVID-19 and increased focus on structural racism.
- Discuss where attention should be focused to aid decision-makers in action to advance health equity in a post-COVID world.
- Identify opportunities to engage other partners and/or sectors to advance health equity.
- Nicholas Courtney, Policy Analyst, National Congress of American Indians
- David Erickson, Senior Vice President & Head of Outreach & Education, Federal Reserve Bank of New York
- Rebekah Gee, CEO of Health Care Services, LSU
- Stephanie Mayfield Gibson, Board of Directors, Trust For America’s Health
- Colin Gordon, Professor of 20th century U.S. history, American public policy, American political economy, and American urban history, University of Iowa
- Frederick Isasi, Executive Director, Families USA
- Amanda Maria Navarro, Chief Impact Officer, PolicyLink
- Kara Odom Walker, Senior Vice President and Chief Population Health Officer, Nemours Children’s Health System
Questions? Contact Ivory Clarke.