This webinar, co-hosted by the National Association of Chronic Disease Directors and the Alliance for a Healthier Generation, will describe the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child model and how it can be used as a framework for integrating health and learning, enhancing coordination within the school district, and increasing collaboration with community partners. Examples from Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools (North Carolina) and San Diego Unified School District (California) will demonstrate real-world application of the WSCC model to engage multiple school and community partners to support student health and academic success.
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Describe how the WSCC model can be used as a framework to improve coordination and integration
- Identify examples of how school districts have used the WSCC model to break down internal silos and build bridges to the community
- Identify resources for further information and support
- Laura Rooney, Maternal and Child Health Block Grant Administrator, Ohio Department of Health
- Sara D. Harmon, Program Manager, Health and Physical Education, Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools
- Cindy Marten, Superintendent, San Diego Unified School District
- Kate McDevitt, Wellness Supervisor, San Diego Unified School District
Questions? Contact Laura DeStigter.