When and how people experience mental health challenges is influenced by the interaction of genetics, culture and social determinants. With this in mind, we encourage research, policies and practices that speak to prevention, health promotion, social justice and human rights.
The Mental Health Section of APHA partners across fields and professions to strengthen leadership in public health. We seek to:
- Disseminate research, policies and practices that address the mental health, physical health, and well-being of diverse and vulnerable populations.
- Offer opportunities for section members to network, build careers, and impact the public health of regional, state and national communities.
- Promote fluency with the principles and strategies of population health.
- Support the use of traditional, mixed-methods, and community participatory research.
- Advocate for effective and evidence-based interventions, programs, systems and policies, including strategies designed to address the stigma of mental health conditions.
Explore our webpages to see how and why to become involved in the MH Section. Connect with Section leadership and join us on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. If you’re a current member, you can join our private Facebook page to connect with other Section members!
We look forward to hearing from you. Please feel free to contact Section Chair Jessica Pollard.
For leadership contact information, log into APHA Connect using your member credentials.