The Epidemiology Section fosters epidemiologic research and science-based public health practice and serves as a conduit between the epidemiologic research community and users of scientific information for the development, implementation and evaluation of policies affecting the public's health.
Chair: Oscar Alleyne, DrPH
Chair-Elect: Laurie Elam-Evans, PhD, MPH
Immediate Past-Chair: Howell Sasser, PhD
Membership Chair: Erica Smith, MPH
Communications Chair: Lisa Libassi
Program Committee Chair: Nico Rizzo, PhD and Kesha Baptiste-Roberts, MPH, PhD
Short on time? Consider other ways to be more involved in our Section:
- Respond to an advocacy alert.
- Post field-related information or opportunities on your online community/listserv.
- Write an article for our Section's News & Events page.
- Encourage a colleague to join APHA.
- Review abstracts.
- Join a committee (advocacy, communication, membership, etc.)
Contact Erica Smith to learn more.