A Public Health Virtual Town Hall
WATCH THE RECORDED WEBINAR
Hosted by APHA, the Alliance for Disease Prevention and Response, and the COVID Collaborative, this online event will feature speakers sharing the value of public health as a safety net to protect people against widespread illness, harm, and death where they live, work, worship, learn and play.
The pandemic has highlighted these critical issues, but the reality is public health plays a role in keeping people healthy every day. The audience should leave with a deeper understanding of the value of public health and how to help to protect it.
- Frank Sesno, Director of Strategic Initiatives, George Washington University School of Media and Public Affairs
- Julie Morita, MD, Executive Vice President, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Mike Leavitt, former Utah Governor, EPA Administrator and Secretary of Health and Human Services
- Kathleen Sebelius, former Kansas Governor and Insurance Commissioner, Secretary of Health and Human Services
- Luke Kenley, JD, former Indiana State Senator and Noblesville City Court Judge
- Mysheika Roberts, MD, MPH, Health Commissioner for Columbus Public Health
- Hemi Tewarson, JD, MPH, Executive Director, National Academy of State Health Policy
- Cynthia Hallett, MPH, President and CEO of Americans for Nonsmokers' Rights and the ANR Foundation
- Ray Hart, PhD, Executive Director, Council of the Great City Schools
- Corey Astill, JD, Chair, Business Roundtable Health & Retirement Committee and Smart Regulation Committee
- Eduardo Sanchez, MD, Chief Medical Officer for Prevention, American Heart Association
- Georges Benjamin, MD, Executive Director, American Public Health Association
Questions? Contact Angela McGowan.