The HIV/AIDS Section provides a professional foundation for members of diverse disciplines to combine interests and expertise to fight the HIV/AIDS pandemic as well as provide leadership on HIV/AIDS-related issues.
Actions we can take to address HIV/AIDS challenges:
- Provide expertise and support to APHA staff, serving as resources and creating policies within APHA that can be used to guide advocacy efforts.
- Create a forum for sharing ideas and moving forward critical discussions in the field.
- Provide networking opportunities to expand the potential for meaningful change.
- Offer a source of mentorship for young professionals who are committed to this crucial issue.
- Thank you for your support! We look forward to working with you.
Chair: Mohammad Rifat Haider, PhD
Chair-Elect: Caroline Kingori, PhD
Immediate Past-Chair: Monique J. Brown, PhD
Secretary: Amy K. Johnson, PhD
Treasurer: Kathleen A. Thoma, EdD
Program Committee Co-Chairs: Randolph D. Hubach, PhD; Xueying Yang, PhD; Chengbo Zeng, PhD
Communication Chair: Sabrina R. Cluesman, MSW
Student Liaison: Sabrina R. Cluesman, MSW
Section Councilors: Carol Galletly, PhD; Elizabeth Kelvin, PhD; Pedro Carneiro, PhD; David Christopher Doan, PhD; Ogbeide John Inetianbor, BMLS
Governing Councilors: Paulette Dawn Slowinski, PhD; Steven A. John, PhD
For leadership contact information, log into APHA Connect using your member credentials.