Environmental Health Playbook: Investing in a Robust Environmental Health System
Explore this new report from the National Environmental Public Health Partnership Council that makes the case for healthy environments for all across the United States.
Download the entire report (PDF)
View the recorded webinar
Case Examples (PDF): Zika Virus / Flint Water Crisis / Hurricane Katrina and Superstorm Sandy
Chapters (PDF): Safe Drinking Water / Clean Air / Vector Control / Food Safety/ Chemical Safety / Community Design / Healthy Housing / Climate Effects / Emergency Preparedness / Environmental Equity/ Opportunities for Action
Download the report fact sheet (PDF)
APHA is a champion and founding partner of the National Environmental Health Partnership Council. The Council strives to support healthy people by working for healthier environments. And the Council brings together diverse stakeholders to help expand and sustain awareness, education, policies and practices related to environmental health.
The Council strives to:
- Build a collective voice in support of priority environmental health issues.
- Foster and coordinate activities to advance environmental health.
- Communicate new information and research to support better and more effective environmental health programs, practices and policies.
- Promote ways to leverage current and future resources to maximize the impact of environmental health activities.
- Generate momentum and build greater public awareness of the role that environmental health plays in sustaining and promoting human health.
Council Co-Chairs: Laura Anderko, Alliance of Nurses for Healthy Environments and David Dyjack, National Environmental Health Association
Want to learn more? Please email us.
Investing in a Robust Environmental Health System (recorded webinar)
The Value of Environmental Health Services (recorded webinar)