The Occupational Health and Safety Section whole-heartedly welcomes your involvement and active participation in our Section events and meetings. The contributions of our members’ time, diverse talents and perspectives make the Section stronger every day! We invite you to be a part of the action and we offer a variety of opportunities to get involved.
- Join our monthly leadership call occurring on the third Thursday of the month from 3-4 p.m. Eastern time.
- Join one of several Section committees that may be of interest to you.
- Run in Section elections.
- Develop and advocate for occupational health and safety-related policy statements within APHA.
- Represent the Section and APHA at national committee meetings or other events.
- Donate to the James P. Keogh Scholarship Awards Fund to help students and representatives from union and worker organizations to attend the APHA Annual Meeting.
- Post information and join ongoing conversations on APHA Connect or through the Section list serve.
- Review submitted abstracts for sessions at the APHA Annual Meeting.
- Help organize and coordinate sessions and events at the APHA Annual Meeting.
Contact Emma Tsui and Miriam Weil to learn more.