The Occupational Health and Safety Section whole-heartedly welcomes your involvement and active participation in our Section events and meetings. The contributions of our members’ time, diverse talents and perspectives make the Section stronger every day! We invite you to be a part of the action and we offer a variety of opportunities to get involved.
- Join our monthly leadership/membership calls (time TBD).
- Join one of several Section committees that may be of interest to you.
- Run for a leadership position in Section elections.
- Develop and advocate for occupational health and safety-related policy statements within APHA.
- Represent the Section and APHA at national committee meetings or other events.
- Donate to the James P. Keogh Scholarship Awards Fund to help students and representatives from union and worker organizations to attend the APHA Annual Meeting.
- Post information and join ongoing conversations on APHA LEAD or through the Section list serve.
- Review submitted abstracts for sessions at the APHA Annual Meeting.
- Help organize and coordinate sessions and events at the APHA Annual Meeting.
Contact the Chair (Angela Laramie) or the Secretary (Cataria Davis) through APHA LEAD to learn more.
For leadership contact information, log in to APHA LEAD using your member credentials.