The Association of State and Territorial Health Officials, with funding and support from the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support within the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, is convening this webinar on Public Health Department Accreditation and Healthy Equity. ASTHO is committed to assisting state, territorial, and freely associated health agencies in their efforts to advance optimal health for all. ASTHO also partners with the Public Health Accreditation Board to support states who seek to become accredited. Health equity is emphasized throughout version 1.5 of the PHAB Standards and Measures and is a major priority for public agencies at all levels.
The purpose of this webinar is to:
- Demonstrate the importance of health equity to Public Health Department Accreditation.
- Provide examples of how state health agencies have used their health equity activities to support accreditation and how accreditation has helped leverage health equity work within state health agencies.
- Describe federal leadership on Public Health Department Accreditation and health equity.
During the webinar, participants will learn from:
- Robin Wilcox, MPA, Chief Program Officer, Public Health Accreditation Board
- Liza Corso, Senior Advisor for Public Health Practice and Accreditation with the Office for State, Tribal, Local and Territorial Support, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Rahul Gupta, MD, MPH, FACP, Commissioner State Health Officer, West Virginia
- Kristin Sullivan, MA, Manager, Public Health Systems Improvement, Connecticut Department of Health
This webinar is open to public health practitioners at all levels. We encourage public health agency health equity, performance improvement, accreditation, and program staff to attend as well as health agency leadership.
Questions? Contact Claire Rudolph.