This webinar will center on a discussion of the benefits of bringing health together with transportation. Topics will include:
- The DOT/Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Transportation and Health Tool, and its relationship to States and Metropolitan Planning Organizations.
- Examples from three MPOs on how health and transportation impacts the environment, safety, active transportation, air quality, and connectivity.
- An overview of the FTA Rides to Wellness Program.
Presenters for this webinar include:
- Fred Bowers, FHWA Office of Planning
- Marianne Stock, FTA Office of Program Management
- Kate Robb, APHA
- Melissa Taylor, Chattanooga-Hamilton County Regional Planning Agency & Chattanooga-Hamilton County/ North Georgia Transportation Planning Organization
- Michelle Lacewell, Nashville Area Metropolitan Planning Organization
- Ellen Zavisca, Knoxville Regional Transportation Planning Organization