We can sum it up in one thought: THE PEOPLE!
The thousands of public health professionals coming together make APHA's Annual Meeting and Expo a must-attend event.
We bring together the people who make a difference:
- at the global and national levels, including past surgeons general and heads of health organizations around the world.
- at the state and tribal levels including leaders from state and local health departments.
- in the education of the next leaders in public health, including professors and deans from the leading public health schools and programs.
- on the ground each day. YOU!!
Make it easy for your employer to approve your attendance. Complete this justification letter (PDF) and then share it with your supervisor to prove the value of attending APHA 2017.
Get the most out of APHA 2017:
- LEARN — Stay up to date with the latest trends and best practices by attending highlighted events like the General Sessions, Social Media Lab and APHA Learning Institutes.
- NETWORK — Meet with like-minded professionals that share your passion for public health. Feed off of the motivational energy and be inspired to start something new or learn new strategies for making progress in your current projects.
- GROW — Earn a maximum of 25.5 Continuing Education (CE) credits by attending specially selected courses and sessions (additional fees apply).
- PREPARE — Take your career to the next level! Whether you're just starting out in public health or looking to make a change, APHA's Public Health CareerMart Career Guidance Center can help. Don't Miss the Career Days on Nov. 6 and 7.
- CONNECT — Visit the world's largest Public Health Expo to meet with schools and programs of public health, attend book signings, check out poster presentations and more. Add the Industry Expert Theater to your schedule to get an exclusive sneak-peek at innovative products and services.
- ENJOY — Take time out of your busy days to unwind. Visit the Wellness Center to relax as you receive a chair massage, renew your energy with exercise and dance breaks and refresh your mind with yoga activities. Don't miss the APHA Dance!
See what our attendees have to say:
"It's a great opportunity to learn about cutting-edge research and everything that's going on...the latest and greatest in the public health space."
--Erika Goldberg, Massachusetts
"Witnessing how diverse and dedicated the public health workforce is was extremely inspiring."
--Sara Abdelhalim, California
"I met with public health leaders and had a great time learning from their experiences and professionalism."
--Kadek Dioi Rahayu, Indonesia