Since 1975, PRSH (formerly known as the Population, Family Planning and Reproductive Health Section) members have remained diligent in their efforts to improve the health and well-being of women, men and children alike. The PRSH Section strives to build bridges between local and global reproductive health issues, between research and public policy and advocacy, and across academic disciplines and professions. We seek to ensure that population, family planning and reproductive health remain major domestic and international priorities. Our members encompass all kinds of public health professionals, including family planning providers, counselors, educators, administrators, researchers, scholars and policy specialists, as well as others concerned about these issues.
The PRSH Section addresses a multitude of public health problems and issues, including:
- adolescent sexual and reproductive health
- men’s sexual and reproductive health needs
- program management and sustainability
- sex, sexuality and sexual health throughout the life cycle
- sexual violence and assault
- sexually transmitted diseases and HIV/AIDS