Activities, Programs, and Scholarships at the 2019 APHA Annual Meeting
The OHS Section's Agenda at the 2019 is packed with great sessions! Check them all out HERE.
Our Section also puts together a beautiful printed program, they go fast, so if you miss getting one you can find it HERE.
Join us Sunday, Nov. 3 at 8 a.m. for our OHS Business & Member Meeting! All are welcome, and we'll have a terrific agenda filled with discussion and networking opportunities.
Also, join us for two very special sessions:
- INVITED SESSION: Monday, Nov. 4, 10:30 a.m. to noon; 107B-PCC OHS in the Press: Exploring How to Improve Health & Safety through Journalism
- COLLABORATIVE SESSION: Monday, Nov. 4, 3 - 4:30 p.m.; 103C- PCC Celebrating 100 Years of the ILO: Exploring the Future of Work & Health
Join the OHS Section at our annual, for-the-record-books SOCIAL EVENTS in Philadelphia!
- OHS Social Happy Hour Sunday, Nov. 3, 6:30 – 9:30 pm. Ladder 15, 1528 Sansom Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102 (a short walk from the Convention Center). Light bites and cash bar.
- Student and New Member Happy Hour Monday, Nov. 4, 6 – 7:30 p.m. TBD, Stay Tuned! *MUST RSVP to email@example.com
- OHS Scholarship Fundraiser Dance Party and ILO 100 Year Anniversary Celebration! Tuesday, Nov. 5, 7:30 – 11 p.m. Ladder 15, 1528 Sansom Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102. Light bites, DJ and dancing!!!, and cash bar. Dance party tickets available HERE.
Worker's Memorial Week
Check out the listing of events on the National Council for Occupational Safety and Health website..
Have an event to share? Submit your action or event here, and we'll include it on this page. Find out how you can create your own Workers Memorial Week action.
"I'm a Member" podcast
The OHS Section is proud to announce the new "I'm a Member" podcast. Each five-minute podcast features a member of the OHS Section. Each one explains their reasons for being an APHA member, particularly of the OHS Section. The first three in the series feature Tessa Bonney, MPH; Walter Jones, MS, CIH; and Emma Tsu, PhD, MPH.
Listen to the podcasts from your smartphone or web browser. If you want to be interviewed for a future podcast or have feedback on topics, please contact us.
Special thanks to Dr. Celeste Monforton for the production and editing of the podcasts.
We need your input and ideas
If you have news and/or events you would like to share, please let us know! Contact our website coordinators, Amber Mitchell or Maggie Robbins.