APHA, in coordination with its members and state and regional Affiliates, works with key decision- makers to shape public policy to address today's ongoing public health concerns. Those include ensuring access to care, protecting funding for core public health programs and services and eliminating health disparities. APHA is also working on other critical public health issues including public health and emergency preparedness, food safety, hunger and nutrition, climate change and other environmental health issues, public health infrastructure, disease control, international health and tobacco control.
- Sign up for APHA action alerts, legislative updates and more.
- APHA Legislative and Advocacy Priorities Update webinar (APHA members only)
- View our Legislative Update page and stay informed about important federal legislative activity and notable state legislative activity.
- See the APHA and Coalition Letters sent to policymakers about public health legislation and regulations.
- Visit APHA's health reform pages for reports, analyses, fact sheets, APHA statements and other resources on the Affordable Care Act.