Control of Communicable Diseases Manual, 20th Edition, is the must-have sourcebook on identifying and controlling infectious diseases. Now in two formats: book and digital subscription.
"Public health professionals and others concerned with the control of communicable diseases eagerly await each update of this authoritative and practical book, as it is has been a key standard reference for over 100 years. Public health practitioners are confident that control measures recommended by this book are evidence-based and accepted." -- Doody’s Review Service 100/100, Five Stars!
We now offer digital subscribers access to new and revised chapters as they become available online. You can subscribe as an individual or as an institution.
A new Zika chapter updates the venerable reference book, which now contains key information about the occurrence, transmission and control of more than 130 infectious diseases globally. The Zika virus chapter is only available in the electronic edition.
"The emergence of the Zika virus is among the most troubling developments of the early 21st century," said David Heymann, MD, global infectious disease expert and editor of CCDM. "We have taken great measures to develop expert guidance based on the latest science to help public health professionals and affected communities prepare for and respond to this threat." (Read a Q&A with Heymann in APHA's Public Health Newswire).
Benefits of digital subscription
- Chapters are updated as new information becomes available. No need to wait for the new print edition.
- An exclusive CCDM chapter on the Zika virus is only available with online subscription.
- Receive automatic notifications when updates are available.
- Up to one-third of the book is updated every year!
- External linking to references and resources.
- Coming soon: an image and video bank, and other dynamic content.
- Editorial staff dedicated to updating the Manual.