More than 13,000 public health experts are expected to attend APHA's 2018 Annual Meeting and Expo in San Diego, Nov. 10-14, 2018. Journalists covering the world's largest and most influential public health meeting have access to more than 4,000 scientific papers and thousands of oral presentations. The Annual Meeting fosters discussion about individual research and the big picture of public health. It is a remarkable opportunity to meet sources, chart trends and uncover story ideas.
- Are you a journalist interested in covering research presented at the Annual Meeting? Sign up to receive embargoed access to meeting research and get connected to experts. You can also request access to livestream headlining presentations and speakers.
- Are you a journalist interested in attending the Annual Meeting? Register online to request media credentials.
- Request access to view APHA 2018 press summaries and abstracts.
Research presented at the Annual Meeting will cover:
- Gun violence
- Opioid epidemic
- Health equity and disparities
- Women's health
- Climate change
- Environmental health
- Hundreds of other public health topics
Please note: All requests for press access to meeting research and livestreams are subject to approval by APHA. You must be a credentialed journalist to qualify. All research presented at the Annual Meeting is embargoed until 12:01 a.m. EST on the day of the presentation.
Annual Meeting Blog
Our Annual Meeting Blog covers news, announcements and meeting updates. Sign up to receive a daily email alert when new posts are published.