APHA is committed to reducing the environmental impact of the Annual Meeting and finding ways to be more eco-friendly and responsible. Help us minimize the impact of APHA 2018 on the environment.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
1. Ditch the disposables — Bring a refillable water bottle and thermos to use.
2. Eat Local — Ask for organic, locally grown produce, free-range or "wild-caught" fish and meats and antibiotic-free foods when ever possible. The Eat Well Guide lists restaurants committed to changing food culture in San Diego.
3. Sleep Green — Book your hotel while registering to secure hotels with sustainable programs. Take advantage of linen re-use programs.
4. Go Digital — Opt out of the printed Annual Meeting program and instead take advantage of full digital access to meeting details.
5. Follow the Conversation — Use #ClimateChangesHealth and #APHA2018 to see what APHA is doing and how you can get involved.
Annual Meeting Green Initiatives
Each year we're implementing more green initiatives than ever, and we're happy to encourage sustainability through practice. And at APHA, our environmental health programs highlight the connection between healthy communities and healthy people.
Put on your walking shoes and join us in reducing emissions and promoting safe walking to improve health. Stay tuned for information on the Steps Challenge that will take place during the meeting!
See what else APHA and some of our partners are doing to respond to environmental concerns.