APHA is committed to reducing the environmental impact of the Annual Meeting and finding ways to be more eco-friendly and responsible. Help us minimize the impact of APHA 2017 on the environment.
WHAT YOU CAN DO
1. Ditch the disposables — Bring a refillable water bottle and thermos to use.
2. Eat Local — Ask for organic, locally grown produce, free-range or "wild-caught" fish and meats and antibiotic-free foods when ever possible. The Eat Well Guide lists restaurants committed to changing food culture in Atlanta.
3. Sleep Green — Book your hotel while registering to secure hotels with sustainable programs. Take advantage of linen re-use programs.
4. BYOB — During registration, opt to "Bring Your Own Bag" to the meeting. Leftover APHA 2017 bags are donated to a local organization through the Convention Center.
5. Go Digital — Opt out of the printed Annual Meeting program and instead take advantage of full digital access to meeting details.
6. Follow the Conversation — Use #ClimateChangesHealth to see what APHA is doing and how you can get involved.
Annual Meeting Green Initiatives
2017 is the Year of Climate Change and Health and brings together professionals from all over the nation and world. This year, we're implementing more green initiatives than ever, and we're happy to encourage sustainability through practice. And at APHA, our environmental health programs highlight the connection between healthy communities and healthy people.
This year, we're reducing our carbon footprint by going shuttle-free. Put on your walking shoes and join us in reducing emissions and promoting safe walking to improve health. Stay tuned for information on the Steps Challenge that will take place during the meeting! Please note: there will be an on-call accessibility van for those with mobility issues.
See what else APHA and some of our partners are doing to respond to environmental concerns.