Join the American Public Health Association in Atlanta this year by hosting a reception or business meeting during our Annual Meeting. The Annual Meeting will reach more than 12,000 public health professionals, including your clients, alumni and partners. Become part of the largest public health event of the year.
APHA sessions and events will be held at the Georgia World Congress Center and the Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, located across the street from each other. Related Organizations can select to hold their event at either property. APHA will do its best to accommodate all requests but cannot guarantee space availability until group needs are reviewed.
Complete an application (PDF) to reserve your room.
Related organizations agree to abide by all operational policies and procedures that guide and govern APHA.
- Business meetings and social hours may not be scheduled during the Opening, Monday or Closing General Sessions or any other scientific session time slots, and must adhere to the times outlined on the application.
- Related Organizations may not hold independent scientific sessions at APHA’s Annual Meeting.
- Cancellation Penalty: 50% of total or $200, whichever is greater. No refunds after Sept. 15, 2017.
- A separate and complete application must be submitted for each event.
- Requests are on a space available basis and are not guaranteed.
- APHA reserves the right to relocate any room assignment. Please do not publish the location of your event(s) until after Sept. 15, 2017.
- Related Organizations must cover the cost of any food & beverage and audiovisual equipment ordered for their event(s) as well as any room set up and break down requests beyond the standard APHA room set options.
- Audiovisual equipment must be ordered through APHA’s official audiovisual provider, Freeman AV.
- APHA has the right to leave AV equipment, podiums and head tables in rooms during Related Organization events.
- Related Organizations will incur additional charges for equipment added on-site.
- Related Organizations that apply for meeting space agree to provide APHA with a current mailing list of their members, in an Excel format, which will ONLY be used ONCE by APHA to promote the 2017 Annual Meeting.
Standard room sets are conference, theater or reception. Specific rooms are selected based on the estimated attendance for the event and use of room prior to the Related Organization event.
A listing of the Related Organization event(s), including date, time and location will be published in the Final Program under Business Meetings/Social Hours (if received by early September) and in the APHA Online Program and Mobile App (available August). If a related organization chooses not to utilize official APHA meeting space at the convention center or contracted hotels, their event will not be listed in the final program.
Food & beverage information (if applicable) will be provided directly by the assigned property in mid-June.
Fees and Requirements:
- The fee schedule and rates for all Related Organizations can be found on the 2017 Annual Meeting Related Organization Application. Payment must be made within 30 days of the invoice order date or space will be released.
Other opportunities to reach attendees: