APHA 2018 Housing will open June 4.
APHA has been made aware of companies contacting a number of exhibitors and attendees to offer hotel reservation services. Spargo, Inc. is the official housing vendor for the APHA Annual Meeting and does not solicit. If you are contacted by a housing vendor that uses APHA's name or the name of APHA's 2018 Annual Meeting & Expo, we urge you to exercise extreme caution and to contact us with their information. APHA cannot guarantee that the reservation will be made or if the hotels in our official block will honor these reservations.
More About Housing
Travel Discounts — Take advantage of discounts on airfare, train fare, rental cars, and more during APHA 2018 in San Diego!
Airports — San Diego International Airport (SAN).
Getting Around San Diego
- Public transportation — The San Diego Metropolitan Transit System (SDMTS) is dedicated to getting you where you need to go! Use the trip planner to know where and when to catch your ride. Buses, trolleys and a rail lines are part of the system and are as low as $2.25 per person each way.
- Ride share — Lyft or Uber.
- Taxi Service - Taxis are readily available at the airport. The airport is about 4 miles from the downtown area and the San Diego Convention Center. Fares from the airport are about $20. Share a ride to save money. For taxi fare information, including meter and flat rates as well as a fare calculator, visit Taxi Fare Finder.
- Download the RideYellow app to request a ride and pay with your mobile device.
- Yellow Cab — 619-444-4444 or text 777222: include your Phone Number, Name, Address.
- American Cab — 619-234-1111.
- FRED (Free Ride Everywhere Downtown) — FRED uses electric cars and is a fun, easy and free way to get around downtown. Download the app.
Visa and Travel Information — For international visitors traveling in and out of the United States, learn about what you need before arriving.
Accessible Travel Information — There are lots of options for accessible transportation available to all attendees.