ADA-designated hotel rooms will be specifically set aside for individuals requesting them. Be sure to indicate your specific needs in the online housing form. These rooms are guaranteed. Each year APHA conducts a detailed accessibility survey (PDF) and environmental survey (PDF) of all official APHA hotels. These surveys (completed by the hotels) provide information about accessible entrances, parking and drop-off areas and information regarding accessible public areas, guest rooms, meeting rooms, restaurants, hotel amenities and assistive devices. Use this information to select the hotel that best meets your needs.
Make hotel reservations as early as possible as there are a limited number of accessible rooms available at each property.
Hotel Access Training
To further facilitate an accessible meeting, APHA offers free accessibility training to the staff at the official meeting hotels, convention center and and to our vendors. This training is designed to heighten awareness and provide education on disability and accessibility information and concerns prior to the arrival of APHA attendees.
Before traveling to San Diego International Airport, call 619-400-2400 for general information or learn more information regarding accessibility. You can also contact TSA at 711 or email them.
Be sure to take advantage of exclusive, APHA travel discounts!
To and From the Airport
- Public Transportation — Metropolitan Transit System (City Bus) – Route 992 to Santa Fe Depot. City bus transportation is available from San Diego Convention Center to downtown San Diego from $2.25 per person. Service from the airport is available between 5:00 AM and 11:30 PM, with buses departing every 15 minutes on weekdays and every 30 minutes on weekends and holidays. The bus stops at Terminals 1 and 2 outside of baggage claim. For hearing impaired, call TTY (619) 234-5005. Ticket vending machines are located near the Information centers of both Terminals 1 and 2.
- Airport Shuttles — Book a ride with Super Shuttle. Airport shuttle buses provide service from the airport to the hotels from $9.00 per person one-way. Service from the airport is available on a continuous basis. Reservations are highly recommended during peak dates of the Annual Meeting. To make a reservation, go to to make your reservation. Shuttle pickup is located in in front of baggage claim. If Wheelchair-Accessible Service is needed, please indicate it on the reservation online or call for assistance. Please call no later than 24 hours prior to your flight. Your advance reservation will ensure your timely departure to the airport.
Getting Around San Diego
- On Call Accessible Transportation — Wheelchair accessible van transportation can be scheduled upon request. Visit or call the APHA accessibility booth in the ground level lobby area to make arrangements in advance. The phone number will be printed on shuttle signage, in the Final Program and in the badge-mailing packet. Please provide the shuttle company with advance notice of when and where you will need a pick up.
- Taxi Service —Taxi stands are located outside of baggage claim. Average fare to the San Diego Gaslamp Quarter is $18 and the ride is approximately 15 minutes depending on traffic conditions and your destination. The following taxi companies in San Diego currently operate wheelchair accessible vehicles equipped with ramp, wheelchair securement and should and lap belt.
- USA Cab – Call 619-231-1144
- Use the Taxi Fare Calculator for San Diego taxi fare information, including meter and flat rates.
- Rideshare — APHA has partnered with Lyft to provide you with an easily accessible rideshare option. Use the code “APHA2018” to receive up to $5 off your first two rides in the downtown San Diego area during the Annual Meeting. Lyft has accessible vehicles and must be requested through the app via settings and access.
- Access Services and Equipment — Please refer to page 9 of the Accessibility Guide for references and referrals for van rentals, wheelchair and scooter rentals, and other resources for transportation.