Since 1975, SRH (formerly known as the Population, Reproductive, and Sexual Health Section) members have remained diligent in their efforts to improve the health and well-being of women, men and children alike. The SRH Section strives to build bridges between local and global reproductive health issues, between research and public policy and advocacy, and across academic disciplines and professions. We seek to ensure that sexual and reproductive health remain major domestic and international priorities. Our members encompass all kinds of public health professionals, including SRH service providers, counselors, educators, administrators, researchers, scholars, and policy specialists, as well as others concerned about these issues.
The SRH Section addresses a multitude of public health problems and issues, including:
- adolescent sexual and reproductive health
- men’s sexual and reproductive health needs
- program management and sustainability
- sex, sexuality, and sexual health throughout the life cycle
- sexually transmitted infections and HIV/AIDS
- sexual violence and assault