National Public Health Week 2018: Public Health Advocacy Webinar
PHN Section National Public Health Week Social Media Contest
Participate by sharing a photo on social media during National Public Health Week.
The winner will receive a Fitbit!
Theme: Nurses Creating Healthy Environments
Guidelines for photo entries:
- The person posting must have copyright for the photo (i.e., it must be your own photo).
- The period for posting for the contest will begin at midnight on April 2 and conclude at midnight on April 8.
- Entrants shall post a picture on Facebook or Twitter, and the privacy setting for the post must be set to public.
- The contest is open to any nurse or nursing student.
- As nurses, entrants should use their professional judgement to protect the privacy of any identifiable information potentially included in the entry such as but not limited to images of patients, clients, community members or coworkers who have not explicitly agreed to be part of this contest.
- The social media post must tag the APHA PHN section social media account.
- The post must also include the hashtag #NPHWNurses2018 to be considered an entry in the contest.
- By entering the contest, entrants grant permission to the APHA PHN section to share and repost the images on social media platforms with credit given to the entrant (i.e., share or retweet).
- Members of the Communications Committee may not participate in the contest.
Selection of winner:
- The winner will be selected by a panel of judges who will consider both the number of likes and/or other reactions and shares received before midnight on April 8 as well as the quality of the entry’s response to the theme of Nurses Creating Health Environments. The section will announce the winner on social media on April 11. The Communications Chair of the PHN Section will contact the winner promptly after April 11 to make arrangements for delivery of the prize.
- The winner — and several honorable mentions — will have their photo entries shared on social media with credit given to each entrant photographer.
We look forward to seeing your entries!
Calling for Awards Nominations, deadline is May 1, 2018. See the awards page for more information.