Our Section's objectives are:
- To be a strong advocate for health education, disease prevention and health promotion directed to individuals, groups and communities in all activities of the Association.
- To encourage the inclusion of health education, disease prevention and health promotion activities in all of the nation's health programs.
- To stimulate thought, discussion, research and programmatic applications aimed at improving the public's health.
- To improve the quality of research and practice in all public health programs of health education, disease prevention and health promotion.
- To provide networking opportunities for persons whose professional interests and training include the disciplines of health education, health communication, health promotion, social marketing, behavioral and social sciences and public relations.
- To provide Section members with opportunities to become informed and engaged in all of the activities and matters of concern to the Association.
- To facilitate collaboration with all of the Association's boards, committees, Special Primary Interest Groups, Caucuses, Sections and Affiliates.
- To provide Section members with such benefits as the APHA Annual Meeting program, continuing education opportunities, newsletters and a structure for exercising Association leadership.
- To identify and recognize individuals who make outstanding and substantial contributions to health education, disease prevention and health promotion.