Passionate about walking but not sure how to make your community more walkable? America Walks invites you to apply for a 2018 Walking College Fellowshipip - - to help you build a local walking movement and take your advocacy work to the next level. The application process will be open from Feb. 1 - 28, and there's an "Orientation to the Walking College" webinar on Feb. 8. America Walks is an inclusive organization and we seek applications from diverse individuals who are interested in getting more involved in the walking movement.
You can also share the following on social media:
- Passionate about #walkable communities? Consider applying to be part of @americawalks 2018 #WalkingCollege
- Over 70 #walking champions have completed the #WalkingCollege program. Will you be next?
- Are you new to the #walking movement or just want to learn more about the #WalkingCollege? Join us for a Feb 8 #webinar to learn more
- Our #WalkingCollege fellows are getting communities across the US on the #walking path. Join their ranks when applications open in early 2018
PHEHP social media is a prime way to stay connected:
Until next time, if you have any questions or comments, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Congratulations to our Early-Career Professional Scholarship Winners!
- Samantha Schafer, BS, CHES, Health Education Specialist at Lincoln County Health & Human Services
- Terrill M. Flakes, MPH, Clinical Data Support Analyst at Augusta University Health
- Kelli Selwyn, MPH, Protocol Activation Coordinator for the Clinical Trials Office at the UF Health Cancer Center
- Lindsay Wenning, MPH, Field Epidemiologist at Indiana State Department of Health
Connecting with Section Members
Many of you have asked us how to engage with or send out information to Section members throughout the year. One great way to do that is to access the Bulletin Board in APHA Connect! Simply visit http://bit.ly/PHEHPBulletinBoard, and log in with your APHA credentials. From there you can respond to posts by other PHEHP members or create your own discussion.
As Heather, our current Section Chair, mentioned, engaging with us through our social media outlets is another great way to keep engaged. Be sure to like us on Facebook (@APHA.PHEHP), and follow us on Twitter (@APHA_PHEHP) and Instagram (@apha.phehp).
Some of you have sent postings and events to the Section email listserv. As PHEHP is a very large Section and APHA emails can get excessive, we are reserving the listerv for Section- or APHA-related information only. Every month, we will do our best to share these postings with you through this News & Events page!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com. Please find below a compilation of events/postings from your fellow Section members:
- Did you miss the PHEHP New Member Webinar on Sept. 22? No problem! You can access the recording at: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/recording/6009499934426114306
- John F. Kennedy University, a small non-profit university in the Bay Area, is seeking adjunct instructors for its Health Education program including for Health & the Environment, Health Coaching, and Culture, Community & Health.
- The Certified in Public Health (CPH) credential exam as of May 1 is offered to candidates to schedule their computer-based exams all year long! https://www.nbphe.org/. APHA members receive the study guide for free!
- The University The University of Missouri, School of Health Professions, is currently seeking applicants and nominations for the Department Chair of Health Sciences. This will be an open rank position; the preferred
candidate will be at the rank of Associate or Full Professor (TT or NTT). Applications are to be submitted online at http://hrs.missouri.edu/find‐a‐job/academic/index.php. Application materials include a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and the names and contact information for three references. The job opening number is 24288.
- The American Journal of Health Education (AJHE) invites manuscripts for the special issue “Effective Communication in a Fake News Environment: The Role of Health Education.” Research, feature articles, and commentary papers are encouraged. The deadline for submission is January 31, 2018. All communication on manuscript submissions and the review process will be managed within the online Taylor & Francis ScholarOne Manuscripts system: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/ajhe. When submitting, please indicate in your Cover Letter that your manuscript is prepared for this particular special issue on Effective Communication in a Fake News Environment: The Role of Health Education.
Get social! PHEHP has an active presence online, and our online resources are a great way to connect with us.
Get involved in the Public Health Education and Health Promotion Section!
If you have selected the Public Health Education and Health Promotion Section of APHA as your Section
affiliation, we encourage you to actively participate in Section activities. If you are interested in serving on a Section committee or work group, please contact the committee chair listed below.
Advocacy | Elaine Auld
Awards | Stuart Usdan & Christine Hackman
Booth | Ying Li
Health Communication | Alison Teitelbaum
Materials Contest | Cedric Harville
Membership | Meg Sheppard
News & Events | Andrea Portillo
Nominations | Rod Lew
Program | Ashley Walker
Resolutions | Andrea Lowe
Social | Ranelle L. Brew
Student Work Group | Cedric Harville
Website/Social Media/Communication | Sherie Lou Santos
If you have any questions, please contact Membership Committee Chair Meg Sheppard.
Have items you'd like to submit for this page? Please contact Andrea Portillo or Sherie Lou Santos.