Why join the Mental Health Section?
We offer you opportunities to network, build careers and impact public behavioral health. With this in mind, Section activities support:
- Training and Mentoring. Use Section opportunities for collaboration between early career and senior section members.
- Pathways to Leadership in APHA. The Section offers opportunities to participate in developing the annual conference program; contributing to media messaging; working with APHA committees; collaborating with leadership in other APHA Sections.
- Networking opportunities. The Section’s membership provides a broad and progressive platform to build careers and impact the public health of regional, state and national communities. Connect with our growing relationships with APHA affiliates, Public Health Institutes and other public health partners.
- Access to a social media community whose members have direct connections to 'leading edge' developments in policy, research and practice.
- Participation in Mental Health Section events, including regional midyear meetings, webinars and professional development events.
- Opportunities to lead or support topical committees that promote innovation in research, policy and practice.
- Membership in our Policy and Advocacy Committee where you can influence APHA's efforts to impact population behavioral health policies.
- Participation in a robust scientific program at the APHA Annual Meeting. Submit an abstract and present your work; attend to learn and be energized.