Short on time? You can still be more involved in our Section:
- Respond to an advocacy alert.
- Post field-related information or opportunities on your online community/listserv.
- Write an article for our Section's News & Events page.
- Encourage a colleague to join APHA.
- Review abstracts.
- Join a committee (advocacy, communication, membership, etc.)
Contact Brenette Pine to learn more.
CHW ASSOCIATION AND NETWORK CORNER
Across the country, community health workers are strengthening professional networks at the statewide and local level. Get involved in your local network to further your skills, access support and recognition, and share resources and strategies. If there is no network in your immediate area, think about starting one. For more information, please contact Alex Martinez.
CHW ONLINE TRAINING
Get a 50 percent discount on training when you register using code APHACHW!
- Navigating Health Insurance: An upcoming online seminar targeted to CHWs that need to learn the basics about insurance so they can help individuals enroll in a plan and interact with insurance providers.
- Community Health Worker Core Skills: A 6-week online seminar that covers core competencies for CHWs, including organizational skills, documentation skills, health disparities, assessment skills and service coordination.
- Navigating Travel Health Insurance Toolkit: A free toolkit including worksheets, checklists, and resources that CHWs can use to help people find health coverage when traveling.