Functions & Responsibilities, APHA Council of Affiliates
The Council of Affiliates was formed to promote efficient and effective communication and coordination of affiliate activities and affairs with APHA.
- Promotes active involvement of affiliates in APHA programs and activities through effective communication;
- Keeps APHA informed of affiliate activities, advocating for involvement and assistance when needed;
- Identifies and works to resolve affiliate concerns;
- Maintains working relationships with the Executive Board and Governing Council as well as with other APHA groups and committees including the Inter-Sectional Council;
- Organizes and conducts several activities every year at APHA's Annual Meeting, including: Affiliate Day, Affiliate Reception and Awards, Candidates Forum, Scientific Sessions (three), Poster Sessions (graduate, undergraduate and affiliate);
- Plans and coordinates joint meetings of affiliate and section members at APHA's midyear meeting and Annual Meeting; and
- Works collaboratively with APHA affiliate staff.
The CoA chair serves as an ex-officio member of the APHA Executive Board and is a voting member of the Executive Board.