ADA-designated hotel rooms will be specifically set aside for individuals requesting them. Be sure to indicate your specific needs in the online housing form. These rooms are guaranteed. Each year APHA conducts a detailed accessibility survey (available mid-July) and environmental survey (available mid-July) of all official APHA hotels. These surveys (completed by the hotels) provide information about accessible entrances, parking and drop-off areas and information regarding accessible public areas, guest rooms, meeting rooms, restaurants, hotel amenities and assistive devices. Use this information to select the hotel that best meets your needs.
Make hotel reservations as early as possible as there are a limited number of accessible rooms available at each property.
Denver is accessed by Denver International Airport (DEN). Visit their webpage for more information about accessible travel.
View our housing and travel page for general information about traveling to Denver. Be sure to take advantage of exclusive, APHA travel discounts!
To and From the Airport
- Public Transportation — Travelers can use the University of Colorado A Line (usually referred to as simply the A Line) to get from the airport to downtown Denver and vice versa. Service is provided by the Regional Transportation District (RTD). More information about RTD accessible services.
Getting Around Denver
- APHA's Free accessible shuttle service — Wheelchair accessible van transportation from the Colorado Convention Center to APHA approved hotels can be scheduled upon request. Visit or call the APHA accessibility booth in the Colorado Convention Center to make arrangements in advance. The phone number will be printed on shuttle signage and in the Final Program. Those who indicated during registration a mobility concern will be sent special instructions on how to contact the housing desk in advance of the meeting. If you require contact information, email email@example.com. Please provide the shuttle company with advance notice of when and where you will need a pick up.
- Free MallRide — The 16th Street Free MallRide is located two blocks from the convention center and an easy way to access hotels and restaurants in Downtown Denver. This service is also provided by RTD. Find out more about the FreeMall Ride.
- Taxi Service — The following taxi companies in Denver provide wheelchair accessible vehicles:
- Dashabout: 800-720-3274 (2-day advance notice required)
- Metro Cab: 303-333-3333
- Mobility Plus (Yellow Cab): 303-777-7777 (24 hour on-demand wheelchair accessible service)
- Mobility Transport Service: 303-295-3900 (24 hour advance notice required)
- RTD access-a-Ride: 303-292-6560