It is the policy of APHA to hold meetings, conferences and professional gatherings where physical and communication barriers do not exclude people with disabilities from attending and participating. APHA is committed to making the Annual Meeting accessible to the widest range of people possible and encourages attendees, presenters and exhibitors to consider the needs of others when planning their presentations, communications and interactions. The below information has been reviewed and approved by the APHA Disability Section.
APHA 2021 will take place in Denver and online. Regardless of the meeting format, APHA is always thinking of ways to make our meeting better and more accessible. Use the resources below to plan your participation at the Annual Meeting. For questions about APHA's accessibility policy or to make specific requests, contact APHA Staff.
- View the APHA 2021 Accessibility Guide (PDF) for city specific accessibility information.
- Accessibility Desk — An accessibility desk will be staffed at the Colorado Convention Center to answer questions and to facilitate needs.
- Special Assistance — Should you require an aide or personal assistant to help you navigate the Annual Meeting, APHA will register your aide as a complimentary guest. Email APHA to add an aide to your registration.
- Wayfinding and Signage — APHA will provide additional signage throughout the convention center to ensure attendees can easily find elevators, escalator and meeting specific events.
- Early Access to PowerPoints — Virtual sessions will take place on Zoom. Zoom does not allow for total accessibility to slides when sharing the screen. If you would like copies of a presenters slides, email APHA by Oct. 4. APHA will take all efforts to reach presenters and request slides. However, we cannot guarantee that presenters will provide slides in advance.
- Inclusive language — APHA promotes the use of inclusive language throughout the conference. If inappropriate or offensive language is used, please email APHA, and we will do our best to address the concern.
Accessibility Video Series
These short videos provide tips and tricks for attendees and presenters on how to help APHA provide an accessible meeting for all.
Presenter and Exhibitor Resources