Our Section has numerous ways to be involved. If you are interested in being active with the Section, please contact us. Also, follow us on Twitter or Facebook for updates and news on disability issues.
Short on time? You can still be more involved in our Section:
- Respond to an advocacy alert.
- Post field-related information or opportunities on your online community/listserv.
- Write an article for our Section's News & Events page.
- Encourage a colleague to join APHA.
- Review abstracts.
- Join a committee (advocacy, communication, membership, etc.)
- Participate in our new mentorship program.
Join our new Disability Section Mentoring Program!
What: The Disability Section Mentoring Program is designed to strengthen the public health workforce and improve representation of people with disabilities in leadership. We provide one-on-one support and guidance for students and early career professionals.
Who: We welcome undergraduates and up who are working, studying, or interested in public health or a related field. Those with any type of disability, chronic illness, mental illness, or who are culturally Deaf are encouraged to apply. You do not have to have a disability to participate.
How: Sign up online any time to be a mentor, a mentee, or both!
Contact: Michael McKee, Mentoring Chair
Meredith Williams, Mentoring Student Co-Chair
For leadership contact information, log into APHA Connect using your member credentials.