References for Detailed Action Plan
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (2000, November). Healthy People 2010. 2nd ed . With Understanding and Improving Health and Objectives for Improving Health . 2 vols. Washington, DC: U.S. Government Printing Office. [WWW document] www.healthypeople.gov/document/ tableofcontents.htm (Viewed 26, June 2003).
- American Academy of Pediatrics (2003 August). Policy statement: Prevention of pediatric overweight and obesity. Pediatrics, 112 (2), 424-430. [WWW document] http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/full/ 112/2/424 (Viewed 4 August, 2003).
- Grost, G. (2003, June 12). Obesity epidemic sweeping U.S., Harvard forum told. Reuters Health . [WWW document] www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/news/fullstory_ 13028.html (Viewed 3 July, 2003).
- Mencimer, S. (2000, June 16-22). Hiding in plain sight. Washington City Paper. [WWW document] www.washingtoncitypaper.com/archives/cover/ 2000/print_ cover0616.html (Visited 25 May, 2003).
- Dietz, W., & S. Gortmaker (2001). Preventing obesity in children and adolescents. Annual Reviews in Public Health, 22 , 337-353.
- Dietz, W., Bland, M., Gortmaker, S., Molloy, M. & T. Schmid (2002). Policy tools for the childhood obesity epidemic. The Journal of Law, Medicine, & Ethics, 30 (3, Supplement), 83-87.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (2003). Healthy youth: An investment in our nation's future 2003. [WWW document] www.cdc.gov/nccdphp/aag/aag_dash.htm (Viewed 16 July, 2003).
- French, S., Story, M., & R. Jeffery (2001). Environmental influences on eating and physical activity. Annual Reviews of Public Health , 22, 309-335.
- Nestle, M. & M. Jacobson (2000 January). Halting the obesity epidemic: A public health policy approach. Public Health Reports, 115 , 12-24.
- Task Force on Community Preventive Services (2003). Guide to Community Preventive Services: Nutrition. [WWW document] www.thecommunityguide.org/nutrition/ (Viewed 21 July, 2003).
- Task Force on Community Preventive Services (2003). Guide to Community Preventive Services: Physical activity. [WWW document] www.thecommunityguide.org/pa/ (Viewed 21 July, 2003).
- Center for Science in the Public Interest (CSPI) (2003). Policy options: Public policy can make it easier for people to eat well and be active. [WWW document] http://cspinet.org/nutritionpolicy/policy_options.html (Viewed 24 July, 2003).
- Nutrition and Physical Activity Work Group (2002). Guidelines for comprehensive programs to promote healthy eating and physical activity . S. Gregory, editor. Human Kinetics: Champaign, IL. [WWW document] www.astphnd.org/programs/00Nupawgfm.pdf (Viewed 1 August, 2003).