Cover the Uninsured Week
APHA is a national supporter of Cover the Uninsured Week. How can you participate?
Start planning for Cover the Uninsured Week 2007, April 23-29, 2007! Mark your calendars and plan how you and your community can help get America's more than 46 million uninsured – including 8.3 million children – covered.
Cover the Uninsured Week 2007 will focus on covering kids as an important first step toward covering all Americans. After 10 years, the State Children’s Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) is up for reauthorization in Congress. Our nation’s leaders have the opportunity to provide funding to continue to cover the children currently enrolled in SCHIP and expand the program to cover millions more children in need of health coverage. You can take action today and tell your senators, representative and governor to support reauthorizing and fully funding SCHIP!
Cover the Uninsured Week 2007 will spotlight the value and success of SCHIP in activities leading up to and during the Week. The Week will mobilize its broad network of active citizens and organizations to:
- celebrate the success of SCHIP;
- demonstrate the need to reauthorize SCHIP and ensure that it will cover more of the 8.3 million uninsured children;
- enroll uninsured kids in available programs; and
- continue to press for solutions for all uninsured Americans.
You can make a difference in your community by planning events such as:
- Hospital, school, or community-based enrollment events
- Fellowship discussions with congregations of all faiths
- Small business roundtables or seminars on health coverage
- Informational tables at community events
Please visit the updated www.CoverTheUninsured.org for more information about planning events and how you can help make a difference in 2007. Click here for more information on the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP).
We look forward to working together to help get America covered!