APHA:SA-Become A Member
Thank You for your interest in the APHA Student Assembly (APHA-SA), the nation's largest
dedicated to supporting students, the next generation of public health professionals. APHA-SA membership entitles you to take advantage of all our great
programs and initiatives
and adds value to your APHA student membership*. As a APHA-SA member, we encourage you to
and help us prepare students for an exciting career in public health.
All APHA student members are automatically APHA-SA members.
Individual must be enrolled in a degree-seeking program. Qualifying student should be taking at least 6 credit hours (undergraduate degree) or 3 credit hours (graduate degree) per semester or comparable credits in a quarter system. Student membership is available for up to six years per degree. Proof of status is required annually.
View all APHA membership categories here.
- Participate in APHA Sections, Special Primary Interest Groups, Forums, and Caucuses. You can now join 2 Sections at no additional cost!
- National Mentoring Program
- News and Views quarterly newsletter access and submission privileges
- National conference for students of public health
- Notification of fellowship, job, internship, post-doc, and other conference opportunities through APHA-SA website, listserv, and online community
- APHA-SA monthly Action Newsletter and ACTION alert e-mails about student issues and public health-related policies
- Represent APHA-SA as a Campus Liaison, Section Liaison, Affiliate Liaison, or Membership Ambassador
- Attend the APHA Annual Meeting and Exposition at a bargain price and have the opportunity to present abstracts and posters
- Receive a print version of the American Journal of Public Health if you pay the full price annual membership of $75 or receive the online subscription version of the American Journal of Public health with the Green Discounted membership option of $55 annually
- Get a discount on more than 50 APHA books and resources
- Network with professionals and connect with students nationwide
- Gain access to APHA's member-only online community, APHA Connect where you can receive and provide student-related information and network with students and professional
- Public Health CareerMart provides employment opportunities and career services
- Strengthen your leadership skills by participating as a member or chair of an APHA-SA committee
- Run for an available APHA Board position
*All APHA student members are automatically APHA-SA members. Please note: Students who do not want to take advantage of APHA-SA will be able to opt out of their membership. Please email the Membership Co-Chairs at if you wish to opt out of your APHA-SA membership.
Questions about APHA Membership? Contact APHA membership services by phone at 202.777.2400 or email
Questions about individual APHA-SA membership? Please contact APHA-SA's Membership Co-Chairs via email.
Website comments or suggestions? Email the webmaster.