Registration for the APHA-SA Meeting is now open!!
The National Mentoring Program (NMP) Committee is always looking for energetic and reliable mentors to participate in the NMP! A good mentor possesses the following qualities:
1. Willingness to share skills, knowledge, and expertise.
2. Demonstrates a positive attitude and acts as a
positive role model.
3. Takes a personal interest in the mentor-mentee
4. Exhibits enthusiasm in the field.
5. Values ongoing learning and growth in the field.
6. Provides guidance and constructive feedback.
7. Respected by colleagues and employees in all levels
of an organization.
8. Sets and meets ongoing personal and professional
9. Values the opinions and initiatives of others.
10. Motivates others by setting a good example.
Do these qualities describe you? You can be a mentor at
any point in your academic or professional career. If you
are anearly career professional, someone in an MPH
program would love to connect with you to learn how you
transitioned into your full time job. If you are an MPH
student in your second year, a first year might value your
Please register here.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any
Shanna Livermore and Grace Fidgeon
APHA-SA Mentoring Committee