APHA-SA: Programming Subcommittee
APHA-SA: Programming Committee
Committee Co-Chairs: Cody Mullen and Yves-Yvette Young
Mission Statement:This committee is prefaced on the belief that leadership and career development are implicitly important to support the development of leaders in public health and that it is the responsibility of this committee to promote the development of effective leaders with all the necessary tools to improve the public's health in our communities, in our nations, and on our planet.
Objectives: Through APHA annual meeting programming and other opportunities we will address the following:
- Career development
- Develop programming that enables students internationally to pursue interests
- Provide opportunities for members to gain leadership experience by participating in program development and literature review, etc.
- Provide opportunities for networking with peers and potential mentoring in programming.
- Work with other APHA-SA standing committees to facilitate their objectives.
- Particularly in membership recruitment at the annual meeting and relationship development with other APHA sub-organizations.
- Prepare students for leadership positions in APHA and in their careers.
- Sponsor and co-sponsor award competitions for student papers.
- Sponsor and co-sponsor sessions at the APHA annual meeting.
- Encourage submission of quality student papers to AJPH and other journals.
Check here for abstract writing tips
To join the programming committee, email the Programming Committee co-chairs.
Website comments or suggestions? Email the Website Sub-committee.
Last Update 12/13/2013