APHA-SA: Section Liaison Subcommittee
Subcommittee Chairs: Kelsie Kelly and Particia McGarry-Strizak
To establish and maintain the sharing of information about student opportunities to learn and take part in section activities guided by APHA-SA leadership and fellow APHA student members; to maintain open communication with students of the APHA-SA; and to Guide the APHA-SA by providing feedback on how our organization can better serve students of Public Health and other health-related disciplines.
- Promote the Sections within APHA-SA by:
- Providing information about student opportunities within Sections to APHA-SA leadership and fellow APHA student members.
- Maintaining open communication with all Committee Chair(s).
- Guiding liaisons by providing feedback on how our organization can better serve students of Public Health and other health-related disciplines.
- Assist other section liaisons in advocating for student opportunities within APHA sections by:
- Relaying their experiences of improving communication with section leadership.
- Sharing their tools for promoting and developing student programs within their section.
- Advocate for the development and promotion of student involvement, recognition, and leadership by:
a) Participating in the quarterly leadership telephone conference calls and any special leadership conference calls for new liaisons. These meetings help guide our Liaison goals as well as provide an opportunity to check in and gain support from each other.
b) Participating in section committees (e.g. Awards, Policy, Membership, Newsletter), or Governing Council policy work and/or other activities within the section.
c) Contributing to Student Corner and other Section newsletters and other communications to section members. Relaying their experiences with their Section to the Student Assembly. Sharing their tools for promoting and developing student programs within their section.
How to get involved:
Please contact us to learn more about this opportunity!
This is a great opportunity to network with professionals in your field of interest as well as promote the Student Assembly!