APHA-SA: Membership Committee
APHA-SA: Membership Committee
Committee Chairs: Aaron Guest
When you join the APHA Student Assembly (APHA-SA), you become part of a vital force of future public health professionals who are dedicated to enhancing students' educational experiences and professional development.
Please tour our web site to find out how you can take advantage of our programs and initiatives and learn more about opportunities available to you as a student and future public health professional. We encourage you to get involved and help APHA-SA better serve its membership and students across the country. You can also download APHA-SA's Welcome and Orientation presentation (in Powerpoint) to learn more about APHA-SA's mission, vision, history, programs and initiatives and membership.
We encourage you to join APHA!
When you join the American Public Health Association (APHA) as a student member, you automatically become a APHA-SA member. Student member APHA dues are very low and there are many great benefits to becoming a member of APHA. As a student member of APHA you will:
- Join 50,000 health workers who CARE...
- Receive a print subscription to The Nation's Health;
- Receive an online subscription to the American Journal of Public Health;
- Get great bargains on other APHA publications;
- Gain access to APHA's members only website with information and resources on current, global and local public health issues;
- Be able to network with professionals and connect with students nationwide;
- Receive a discount on registration for the APHA Annual Meeting;
- Have the opportunity to give presentations and at the APHA annual meeting;
- Acquire access to APHA's CareerMart at the APHA Annual Meeting and through year-round open registration online;
- Be nominated for prestigious APHA awards such as the Jay S. Drotman Award
- Join APHA-SA and take advantage of APHA-SA's student-oriented benefits!
Visit APHA's student membership webpage to learn more about the advantages of becoming an APHA member and read the information below about ways APHA-SA adds value to your APHA membership.
*Receive a print subscription of the AJPH for only $30. For more information, contact AJPH staff via email at
or call (202) 777-2742.
Become a Member
Learn more about our membership categories and become a APHA-SA member today!
APHA-SA Adds Value to Your APHA Membership
As a member of APHA-SA, you can:
- Participate in the National Mentoring Program
- Access regional employer listings as well as fellowship, job, and internship opportunities through APHA-SA's Public Health Student Opportunities website and e-mail listserv
- Receive e-mail ACTION alerts about student issues and public and health-related policy
- Read and submit articles to News & Views, APHA-SA's quarterly newsletter
- Represent APHA-SA on your campus as a Campus Liaison
- Network with peers across the country
- Support public health initiatives through advocacy
- Strengthen your leadership skills by participating as a member or committee chair of a APHA-SA committee
- Participate in planning for the National Leadership Conference for Students in Healthcare and activities surrounding APHA-SA's participation in the Student Health Alliance
- And as many other opportunities as you create!
We encourage you to peruse our website and learn more about all the great programs and initiatives we have developed to meet the needs of our members.
For questions or more information about becoming a member, please
our Membership Co-Chairs.
Website comments or suggestions? Email the webmaster.
Last Update 04/12/2013