APHA Student Assembly
Read new announcements from the Student Assembly.
The APHA Student Assembly is the nation's largest student-led organization dedicated to furthering the development of students, the next generation of professionals in public health and health-related disciplines. APHA-SA represents and serves students of public health and other health-related disciplines by connecting individuals who are interested in working together on public health and student-related issues.
Our Chair's Welcome and History pages provide more information about our organization.
APHA-SA is a student-led international organization within APHA representing students of public health and other related disciplines. Our mission is to improve the future of public health by promoting excellence and professional development for students in public health and related disciplines.
According to APHA-SA's Strategic Plan, APHA-SA supports the development of the next generation of public health professionals by:
- Increasing student representation in APHA
- Developing and disseminating educational and professional development resources
- Creating and promoting opportunities for student involvement within APHA-SA, APHA, and other health-related organizations
- Providing and sustaining vehicles for communication
- Advocating for student issues and public and health-related policy
- Facilitating networking among students and professionals
- Participate in APHA Sections, Special Primary Interest Groups, Forums, and Caucuses. You can now join 2 Sections at no additional charge!
- National Mentoring Program
- News and Views quarterly newsletter access and submission privileges
- National conference for students of public health
- Notification of fellowship, job, internship, post-doc, and other conference opportunities through APHA-SA website, listserv, and online community
- APHA-SA monthly Action Newsletter and ACTION alert e-mails about student issues and public health-related policies
- Represent APHA-SA as a Campus Liaison, Section Liaison, Affiliate Liaison, or Membership Ambassador
- Attend the APHA Annual Meeting and Exposition at a bargain price and have the opportunity to present abstracts and posters
- Receive a print version of the American Journal of Public Health if you pay the full price annual membership of $75 or receive the online subscription version of the American Journal of Public health with the Green Discounted membership option of $55 annually
- Get a discount on more than 50 APHA books and resources
- Network with professionals and connect with students nationwide
- Gain access to APHA's member-only online community, APHA Connect where you can receive and provide student-related information and network with students and professional
- Public Health CareerMart provides employment opportunities and career services
- Strengthen your leadership skills by participating as a member or chair of an APHA-SA committee
- Run for an available APHA Board position