PART II: RESPONSIBILITIES OF SECTION ELECTED LEADERS
- Record minutes of all meetings and transmit copies to Section Council (officers, members, Section Governing Council representatives, Action Board representative, Committee Chairs, Archivist). Transmit a copy of the minutes of both the Section Council and Section business meeting at the Annual Meeting of the Association to the APHA Executive Director as soon as possible after the close of the Annual Meetings.
- Arrange for the Secretary-elect or a substitute to keep the minutes when unable to be present at a meeting.
- Respond promptly to Section correspondence.
- Attend the Section council meeting and Section business meeting at the Annual Meeting and any meetings convened during the year.
- Keep and update records of the Section.
- Act as Newsletter editor and Chair of the Newsletter committee.
- Serve as a member of the Nominations Committee. Transmit a copy of the Section Manual to all candidates and newly elected or newly appointed persons.
- Participate in planning for the business meetings of the Section during the Annual Meetings of the Association and collaborate with the Chair in planning the agenda for these meetings.
1. Notify officers, Section Council members, Section Governing Council representatives, Action Board representative, and Committee Chairs of plans for section meetings, including the need for written reports, the date and time when Committees will report to the Council, and time and place of the meetings.
2. Invite the Section Governing Council representatives and Section members who are the Action Board, the Science Board, or other Association boards/committees to report to the Section Council on activities of special interest to the Section.
- Assist the Section Chair in follow-up of Section resolutions.
- Correspond for the Section, send copies to the Chair and Secretary-Elect.
- Compile a roster of all members of the Section Council and Section committees, including -e-mail and postal addresses and telephone numbers and distribute to Section Council and Committee Chairs. Update this roster regularly.
- Orient the Secretary-Elect to the responsibilities of the Secretary and transmit to the incoming Secretary all records and files of the Section.
- In cooperation with the archivist, determine which materials should be placed in the Section archives. Transmit copies of all these records to the archivist.
- Perform tasks outlined under Section Council responsibilities. Perform such other tasks as are needed to advance the business of the Section.